Climb the Ladder of Success
Participate in the CSRC Mentor Program
“The delicate balance of mentoring someone is not creating them in your own image, but giving them the opportunity to create themselves" -Steven Spielberg
About the mentoring program:
This 6 month program was developed by the Colorado Society for Respiratory Care (CSRC) Board of Directors to help develop and support practicing respiratory therapist who are interested in advancing further in the profession of respiratory care.
Why did the CSRC develop a Mentor Program?
- Attract up and coming future leaders in the profession of respiratory therapist
- Expand our core skills, attitudes and behaviors for the benefit of continuing to cultivating our profession
- Mentoring encourages excellence
- Build confidence and self-esteem through personal and professional growth
- Improve communication and networking
- Foster a culture of contribution
Why Seek a Mentor?
- Perspective and Experience. A mentor can give you the benefit of his or her perspective and experience.
- Think Outside the Box. A mentor can help you look at situations in new ways. He or she can ask hard questions and help you solve problems.
- Trusted Colleague to Discuss Issues. A mentor can be a great sounding board for all issues – whether you are having difficulty with your immediate supervisor, an ethical dilemma, or need advice on how to tackle a new project or ask for a raise.
- Expand your contacts and network. A mentor can help expand your network of contacts and business acquaintances.
- A mentor whose work you admire can be a strong inspiration
What is a mentor:
- A mentor affects the professional life of a mentee by fostering insight, identifying needed knowledge, and expanding growth opportunities
- This assistance supplements the coaching an individual already receives from his or her supervisor
- Traditionally, the mentoring relationship consists of an experienced leader providing guidance and advice to an associate with less experience
Actively Seeking Mentee's!!
If you are interested in the program as a mentee; have an active membership with the AARC; and is currently practicing as a respiratory therapist for at least one year. Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org expressing interest in participating as a mentee.
Actively Seeking Mentors!!
If you are interested in cultivating new respiratory therapists; have an active membership in the AARC; and have been in a formal leadership role (supervisor, manager, director, etc.) for at least three years. Please send an email to email@example.com expressing an interest in participating as a mentor.